Skip to main content

REAL TALK: how to know he's the one ♡
















In today's post I want to talk about relationships, love, and how you know you are with someone you could spend forever with. I've written before about how to have a healthy/happy relationship, but todays topic is a little different. When you are dating someone, your relationship tends to go through stages. There's the initial stage where you fall in love with someone and then there is another stage, the one where you realize you want to spend the rest of  your life with that person. In my personal opinion there shouldn't be a timeline on either of these stages. In my experience dating Devin I knew VERY early on that he was "the one." How did I know this? Keep reading to find out!


you laugh together

This might seem so simple… but spending forever with someone is a really long time. If you don’t have fun together then that’s going to make it a lot harder. It’s important to find someone who makes you laugh and you have a fun with no matter what you are doing. Devin and I have a blast whether we are out with friends, on a trip or just going to the store together.

He fits into the life you have now and the life you want to have in the future

This is SO important. I think many people are disappointed when a relationship doesn’t turn out how they thought because they are looking for someone who fits them perfectly right now. The truth is everyone grows and changes over time. You want to find someone who matches you now and also fits where you want to be in the future.

What does this mean? You need to be with someone who you share the same future goals and dreams with. Not someone who seems perfect for you in the moment. You want someone you can be with now, who you can have a family with (if you want to have a family), and who you will still want to be with once the kids have grown and moved away.


He allows you to grow

Devin has always encouraged me to grow as a person. He is just as invested in my goals and dreams as I am and is my biggest supporter in anything that I do. You want to find someone who encourages you to follow your dreams and also challenges you to be a better person. No matter what you are always rooting for each other and are proud to support your partner in everything they do.

 You work together to resolve arguments

Every relationship is going to have its arguments – it’s unavoidable. If you’ve found someone who is a good match for you, instead of creating drama around each argument you will both work to resolve your disagreement together. This means taking the time to try to understand where the person is coming from and being honest about what is actually making you upset.

You’re not trying to change one another

While people will grow and better themselves over time, you can’t ever completely change a person. If you’re in a relationship thinking you’re going to change something about someone and then they’ll be perfect…you might need to re-evaluate. Loving someone means that you  accept the flaws and things that might drive you crazy about that person. It's important that both of you need to accept one another for who you are now and who you’re working on growing to be.


You are best friends

While it’s important to be in love with your significant other, there should also be a connection between you two that allows you to be the best friend that either of you has ever had. You want to find someone who understands you on a very deep level, no matter the amount of time you’ve been together. A great example of this is whenever you get good news you should naturally find yourself wanting to tell your significant other!


Your friends and family love them

If your family and friends love your partner and are supportive of you two, that is a great sign!  Of course, it matters what you think the most, but your family and friends opinions are important— especially when you consider how many future holidays and events you'll be spending together. 


You are physically attracted to them.

If you are not physically attracted to your significant other they are most likely NOT the one. I know that sounds harsh, but hear me out. If you are going to spend the rest of your life with someone you should think that they are the most attractive and sexiest person on the planet. Seriously. If you find yourself having to over explain why you are happy with them and you don’t gush about how “cute” they are to your friends when they ask about your relationship, that is not a good sign. As clichÃĐ as it sounds, you need to have a natural attraction to the  person you choose to spend the rest of your life with. There should be no need to convince yourself of the physical attraction. It needs to be there naturally, and if not they are probably not the one.


 You are authentically yourself.

If you can be completely yourself and feel comfortable around them, that’s a really good sign. Those initial giddy feelings should eventually turn to a feeling of contentment and confidence in your relationship. A good example of this could be, you feel no shame talking about how happy you are around your friends.  When you talk about your significant other you're sharing about some great thing he did recently, or how nice your weekend away was. You should be happy and in love and have no reservations about sharing that with others!


I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some insight about our relationship and relationships in general. Getting married is a huge life choice, but should be an easy one. With Devin and I getting married this year, I know others may think we seem young. I think that once you know you've found your person there is no reason to wait to begin building your life together. It honestly, truly doesn't matter what age you marry at, young or old, if you've found the person that you love. ♡







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Hi, I'm Abbi and welcome to my blog! I’m from Fort Wayne, Indiana and am 21 years old.   I am currently a senior in college and am working towards being a wellness coach and personal trainer, and am majoring in recreation administration. The most important things in my life are my family, friends, wonderful boyfriend, and my faith.  Another thing I should mention is that I have been a Type One Diabetic since I was 14.   The disease is a part of my everyday life, and although it has brought many challenges, I have learned about myself and grown so much because of it. People tend to assume that I can't have sugar or sweets because of my disease, but that isn't the case at all.  Over the years, I  have learned to find a balance between staying healthy and still enjoying my life. I guess that's the sweet spot, and how I came up with the name of my blog.  Writing h

at home ab workout 💗

Hi guys! Welcome back to another fitness blog post. Today I'm going to share one of my favorite ab workouts. I usually do this twice a week and I've really noticed results! You don't need any equipment, just your own body weight and it takes only 8-10 minutes. Just because you don't have access to a gym doesn't give you an excuse to not love and move your body! *Do 25 repetitions of each exercise* Sit and Taps Russian Twists *I used a dumbbell for this exercise but you definitely don't need one! Sit and Twist Mountain Climbers Circle Crunches *Be sure to squeeze your core throughout the entire movement. Kick out to Reverse Crunch Flutter Kicks Toe Taps Side Crunches Bicycles Plank And that's it! Happy Sweating 💓ðŸĪŠ

how to stay healthy on vacation

  Recently, I just  returned from a week vacation in Florida with my fiance and my family. It was such a relaxing time, and it felt awesome to have a break from work and everyday life. I typically don't worry too much about sticking to my workout routine on vacations because I think it's healthy to rest every once in a while to prevent burnout.  But l et’s be honest, vacations are where healthy habits go out the window. Late nights, eating out every day, missing your daily workout, midnight snacks…….. we can be quick to excuse our overindulgence because we are “enjoying ourselves” and “living in the moment." That is, until we return from our vacation feeling sick and in need of another vacation to recover from our last vacation. This can be especially unmotivating if you’re like me and are the type that loves daily routine, workouts and eating healthy. This doesn't always have to be the case though. Over the years I have discovered simple things to do wh