Skip to main content

my top 8 must watch tv shows

Hey guys! I know I am always looking for a new show to watch and I feel like I've seen every recommended one out there. I figured I'd list a few of my absolute favorites so you can binge watch them too! It was actually really hard to pick only six because I have so many favorites. I have both Netflix and Hulu so I'll specify where to find each show. 

The Office (Netflix)

Image result for the office
Yes, this a show that everyone knows about, but honestly no other show compares. It's hilarious and everyone can agree that Jim and Pam’s relationship is one of the greatest love stories on television. Also, absolutely nothing beats Michael's words of wisdom and one-liners.

The Sinner (Netflix)

Image result for the sinner

This TV show will draw you in from the very first episode. The only way to watch "The Sinner" is to binge it because it unfolds a murder mystery that is nearly impossible to figure out. Throughout the 16 episodes, secrets are revealed about each character that will leave you constantly changing your mind about what actually happened. Warning: This show turns very dark, so if you're not into dark TV shows I do not recommend.

Lost (Hulu)

Image result for lost

My boyfriend and I just started this show and we watched all of season one within a week because it is that good. Lost has mystery, adventure, and drama elements so it is perfect for couples that can't agree on a show to watch. The plot is about a plane crash and its survivors struggling to survive on an island. The best and worst part is that in every episode when one mystery is finally solved, a new one comes up! 



The Good Place (Netflix/Current)

Image result for the good place

This sitcom is set in the afterlife where Eleanor, a women who recently passed away, ends up in "the good place". With the help of her soulmate, Chidi, she navigates the after life. This show has a lot of plot twists and the main characters are hilarious. This is a show that just gets better and better the more episodes you watch.



The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Image result for the haunting of hill house

This horror series focuses on the lives of the Crain family. It's set up similar to "This is Us" (another show I love) in how it bounces back and forth between the present and the past. The plot of the show is how years of grief and family trauma that the characters suffered is affecting their present lives. The combination of emotional drama and horror will keep you watching episode after episode.


The Punisher (Netflix)

Image result for the punisher

The Punisher is one of the only action based TV shows that I actually enjoyed. I wish they would have made more seasons because the development of each character is amazing. The plot is about a man named Frank who's whole family is brutally murdered and he spends his life tracking down the killer. There is romance and mystery along with crazy action scenes which makes this show perfect for couples to watch together.

Superstore

Image result for superstore

This show is actually produced by the same guy who directed The Office, so it's perfect if you want to watch a similar sitcom. It takes place in a department store similar to Walmart and is about the workers day to day lives. My favorite part about this show is how clever the humor is and how the characters are so relatable. 

Friday Night Lights

Image result for friday night lights

This show is about a high-school football team in a small Texas town. It's not really about football so much as family, work, class, and the lives of the players and their loved ones. The characters in this show will draw you in and if you are looking for a show that has drama mixed with a love for football this is it. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Hi, I'm Abbi and welcome to my blog! I’m from Fort Wayne, Indiana and am 21 years old.   I am currently a senior in college and am working towards being a wellness coach and personal trainer, and am majoring in recreation administration. The most important things in my life are my family, friends, wonderful boyfriend, and my faith.  Another thing I should mention is that I have been a Type One Diabetic since I was 14.   The disease is a part of my everyday life, and although it has brought many challenges, I have learned about myself and grown so much because of it. People tend to assume that I can't have sugar or sweets because of my disease, but that isn't the case at all.  Over the years, I  have learned to find a balance between staying healthy and still enjoying my life. I guess that's the sweet spot, and how I came up with the name of my blog.  Writing h

at home ab workout 💗

Hi guys! Welcome back to another fitness blog post. Today I'm going to share one of my favorite ab workouts. I usually do this twice a week and I've really noticed results! You don't need any equipment, just your own body weight and it takes only 8-10 minutes. Just because you don't have access to a gym doesn't give you an excuse to not love and move your body! *Do 25 repetitions of each exercise* Sit and Taps Russian Twists *I used a dumbbell for this exercise but you definitely don't need one! Sit and Twist Mountain Climbers Circle Crunches *Be sure to squeeze your core throughout the entire movement. Kick out to Reverse Crunch Flutter Kicks Toe Taps Side Crunches Bicycles Plank And that's it! Happy Sweating 💓ðŸĪŠ

how to stay healthy on vacation

  Recently, I just  returned from a week vacation in Florida with my fiance and my family. It was such a relaxing time, and it felt awesome to have a break from work and everyday life. I typically don't worry too much about sticking to my workout routine on vacations because I think it's healthy to rest every once in a while to prevent burnout.  But l et’s be honest, vacations are where healthy habits go out the window. Late nights, eating out every day, missing your daily workout, midnight snacks…….. we can be quick to excuse our overindulgence because we are “enjoying ourselves” and “living in the moment." That is, until we return from our vacation feeling sick and in need of another vacation to recover from our last vacation. This can be especially unmotivating if you’re like me and are the type that loves daily routine, workouts and eating healthy. This doesn't always have to be the case though. Over the years I have discovered simple things to do wh