Skip to main content

Quick and Healthy Brownies

                                                 
Welcome to another blog post! I thought I would write about something different, specifically a new recipe that I tried recently. These healthy brownies were way too delicious not to share! They taste exactly like normal brownies, but they have secret ingredients like avocado and pumpkin that make them much more nutritious and a healthier option for you. Plus, the coconut flour used makes these brownies have a lot less carbs (perfect for those eating keto or diabetics like me)

Ingredients

-1 cup pumpkin puree
-2 small avocados
-4 eggs
-2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
-1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp salt
-3 tsp. baking soda
-6 tbsp. coconut flour
-4 tbsp. liquid cooking oil
-2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 in. with liners or oil.
  2. Combine all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor, except for the chocolate chips.
  3. Blend all the ingredients until smooth. May need to scrape the sides down to ensure complete blending.
  4. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  5. Fill pan with batter and top remaining chocolate chips
  6. Bake for 15 min. and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 

ENJOY!

Tips:
*You may have chunks of avocado, so make sure you blend the batter really well.
*These are nice and gooey so you may want to chill them in the freezer before you cut them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Hi, I'm Abbi and welcome to my blog! I’m from Fort Wayne, Indiana and am 21 years old.   I am currently a senior in college and am working towards being a wellness coach and personal trainer, and am majoring in recreation administration. The most important things in my life are my family, friends, wonderful boyfriend, and my faith.  Another thing I should mention is that I have been a Type One Diabetic since I was 14.   The disease is a part of my everyday life, and although it has brought many challenges, I have learned about myself and grown so much because of it. People tend to assume that I can't have sugar or sweets because of my disease, but that isn't the case at all.  Over the years, I  have learned to find a balance between staying healthy and still enjoying my life. I guess that's the sweet spot, and how I came up with the name of my blog.  Writing h

at home ab workout 💗

Hi guys! Welcome back to another fitness blog post. Today I'm going to share one of my favorite ab workouts. I usually do this twice a week and I've really noticed results! You don't need any equipment, just your own body weight and it takes only 8-10 minutes. Just because you don't have access to a gym doesn't give you an excuse to not love and move your body! *Do 25 repetitions of each exercise* Sit and Taps Russian Twists *I used a dumbbell for this exercise but you definitely don't need one! Sit and Twist Mountain Climbers Circle Crunches *Be sure to squeeze your core throughout the entire movement. Kick out to Reverse Crunch Flutter Kicks Toe Taps Side Crunches Bicycles Plank And that's it! Happy Sweating 💓🤪

how to stay healthy on vacation

  Recently, I just  returned from a week vacation in Florida with my fiance and my family. It was such a relaxing time, and it felt awesome to have a break from work and everyday life. I typically don't worry too much about sticking to my workout routine on vacations because I think it's healthy to rest every once in a while to prevent burnout.  But l et’s be honest, vacations are where healthy habits go out the window. Late nights, eating out every day, missing your daily workout, midnight snacks…….. we can be quick to excuse our overindulgence because we are “enjoying ourselves” and “living in the moment." That is, until we return from our vacation feeling sick and in need of another vacation to recover from our last vacation. This can be especially unmotivating if you’re like me and are the type that loves daily routine, workouts and eating healthy. This doesn't always have to be the case though. Over the years I have discovered simple things to do wh